Monday, May 25, 2009

Our holiday weekend

We had a nice holiday weekend.  I love long weekends!

Friday evening Samuel, Andrew and I went to get their haircuts and ran to a few stores.  There were some great deals at Meijer to be had.  I have so much fun with coupons!  :)  Saturday morning I went out to a few garage sales.  I was able to find several things for me and the kids.  I ran home and packed lunches.  Then we headed downtown to the Indy 500 Festival Parade.  We met our friends there.  We found a great spot, one like we had last year.  The boys (all 6) had a great time.  We had our lunch down there.  Here are some pictures...

[gallery columns="5" orderby="ID"]

Saturday evening I went back up to the church to put everything back in the classrooms we painted.  It looked so amazing after we were through!  What a fun transformation!  I was completely exhausted by the time I got home.  We went to church Sunday morning and I enjoyed having my little ones in the new classroom.  They liked it, too.  We had lunch and then Chad took Andrew and Ethan to meet his mom.  She kept them for the night.  Chad, Samuel and I enjoyed a dinner out.  We also ran into CVS to score some deals there.  Chad is always surprised at what I can pull off!  After we put Samuel to bed Chad and I went outside and had a nice night by the firepit.  It was a beautiful night to be out there.  We were able to sleep in this morning since Samuel is always such a late sleeper.  Lovely!  We had a nice and relaxing day.  Andrew and Ethan came home around 4:00.  We had dinner with Mamaw and Papaw.  Then the rest of the night was spent playing outside.  It was wet...we got lots of rain this morning.  But we needed it!
So what a nice weekend it was.  We don't have a whole lot going on this week and I am glad!

No comments: