Friday, August 28, 2009

Learning and Loving Together

Yesterday Samuel was been really working Andrew's nerves.  Ethan's, too.  He is going through that tough 2.5 year old stage.  Bless his heart.  He went to his room several times.  The last one ended up in a nap.  After I came out from putting him down, Andrew came to me with a very serious look on his face.  He tells me, "Mommy, I think we should find someone to give Samuel to, to take care of him and bring him back when he is older."  I wanted to BUST OUT laughing, but I said gently, "Andrew!  Do you hear what you are saying!?  That's your brother.  You can't give him away!"  He kind of hung his head while Ethan presented his case to me about why Andrew's idea was a good one.

So we talked about it all day and all evening.  I finally think they understand that it's not easy to get a long with a little brother sometimes, but worth the effort.  Chad and I had a good conversation with them last night about how the Bible tells us to be loving, patient, forgiving...and how God doesn't just give us up when we do wrong.  Chad admitted wanting to sell his brother.  We as moms sometimes feel like we want to pass our children off sometimes!  But as we told the boys, God put us together as a family to love and learn together.

No comments: