Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey is done!

Woohoo!  Gobble, gobble!  The turkey is all done.  I took the advice from this post and made my turkey today. I was nervous about making it.  We bought a roaster and I had never used one before.  Plus, I haven't made a turkey since Arkansas!  We are always blessed to be able to visit our parents who do all the hard work!   So I was a little scared.  But it turned out great!  I will put it back in the roaster tomorrow to warm it while I am making all my other goodies.  I guess I did something right because Ethan says, "Mmmm!  It smells like Grandma's in here!"

So here's what my menu will look like:

Drinks

Sweetened Iced Tea

Cranberry Mist

Milk or Water

Dinner

Turkey

Cornbread Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes & Gravy

Corn Casserole

Homemade Macaroni


Green Beans

Cole Slaw

Crescent Rolls

Cranberry Relish

Applesauce

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie

Lemon Berry Tartlets

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

Now I am off to clean the kitchen! I got a lot done, so tomorrow won't be so bad!

I can't wait for tomorrow!  We have so much to be thankful for, so having a day of it is great!

1 comment:

Mom said...

think that I will come for Thanksgiving dinner.
Would you like a pecan pie also?