Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day

I had a lovely Mother's Day.  We stayed home because of the stomach bug we all had.  I think we are finally over it! So Chad got up and made me breakfast and brought it to me in bed.  Oh, how nice that is!  He gave me a sweet, sweet card and then gave me this precious trinket box he had made.  I could not believe how pretty it was.  He was sneaky and turned it on his lathe out in the barn this past week without me knowing it!  I thought he was just out there working on our headboard.  I just love it, and will cherish it forever.


Chad got the boys out of bed and took them out in the garage to get their present they had gone out the day before to get.  They all marched in with these lovely Gerbera Daises.  I had my camera sitting right on the island, so I captured the moment.  It was so sweet.  They were so proud of what they had bought.  A musical Snoopy card came with them.



We spent the day just being lazy around the house.  We planted a couple of trees and I planted the flowers.  Chad did most of the kitchen work, which I so appreciated!  We had a yummy dinner last night that he mostly prepared.  Then we had a nice evening out at the firepit.  It was a great day for me.  I felt so loved!

No comments: