Saturday, August 14, 2010

100 Prayers God Loves to Hear/100 Praise Songs by Stephen Elkins, illustrated by Tim O'Connor

I joined a program called Book Sneeze.  You receive a book free of charge and agree to review on your blog.  So this is my first review!


We have the 100 Bible Stories/100 Bible Songs book, so I was excited to get this one.

This is a children's book (100 sections) and 2 cd's (100 songs).

The pages are very colorful and inviting.  Each page has a little story, Bible or otherwise.  It gives a Bible verse that goes along with it.  Each prayer/praise has a "My Little Prayer Reminder" that is a quote or an idea focused on prayer.  That's one of my favorite parts.  This is a well written and well illustrated book.  Each prayer/praise also has a coordinating song that on one of the two cd's that it comes with.  All the songs are very fun and well sung.

One example:  The Prayer of Ethan - A Faithful Prayer.  Ethan knew that God was faithful.  God always does what He says He will do.  that's what being faithful means.  So Ethan was confused.  God had promised Israel the victory, but they had lost the battle.  Why?  Ethan didn't understand God, but still he trusted.  Ethan prayed: (referenced Psalm 89:1).  When your don't understand what God is doing - pray!  God will be faithful to you too!  Only trust Him! Prayer Reminder - God's faithfulness is never so evident as to the one who is faithful to pray. Song:  I Will Sing of the Mercies.

It's simple and it's sweet.  I just love it.

I thought this was a great thing to do during dinner time.  It brings us together as a family, praising God for who He is and what He has done.  We also can pray to Him using the prayer reminder.  My boys love it and look forward to it each evening.

This is a great way to get your children in the habit of spending time with God by reading His Word, praying, and praising Him through song.  I recommend it!  It would also make a great gift for someone!

2 comments:

Lindsay @ Bytes of Memory said...

Sounds like a great book! I would love something like this for dinner or breakfast.

Corina said...

Congrats on joining Book Sneeze - I really like it! Who can complain about free books?! : )

This book and CD look good, might have to check it out at the store! Thanks for the review!