Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Week with Rachel and Abbie

We had such a great week with them.  They are two of the sweetest girls you'll meet.  It was such a blessing to get to spend all day, every day with them.  They are beautiful inside and out.

Here is some of the fun we had!

We went swimming.  Had some funny hair contests.  Did lots of splashing and laughing.



It was a HOT week.  The girls played Legos.  Rachel highlighted my hair and Abbie's hair.  We both love it.  She also styled it.  That's the back of my hair after Rachel curled it.  Boy, will I miss getting my hair done daily!! The girls organized all the school stuff, which was a huge help!  Thanks, gals!



We did lots of cooking and baking.  I am so glad they like to do that!  We made apple butter, tomato sauce, and lots of meals.  They made pecan pancakes for us one morning and a huge plate of cookies for the co-op party.  We did some more swimming.



We had a photo shoot with Abbie's new hair.    We went shopping, out to lunch, and had a fun picnic.  They came in the living room looking like nerds one night.  I so enjoyed their craziness.



We stayed up late every night and slept in about every morning.  We watched several episodes of Cake Boss.  We talked a lot.

They slept in Samuel's room.  I thought is was so cute and funny that they listened to his lullaby cd each night.  They probably aren't getting any sleep, now, without it.  :)

They helped out a lot in every way.

It was a week I'll never forget.  I'm so glad we did this.

2 comments:

Corina said...

What an amazing week! Now I wish I had some neices to come visit. : )

Mom said...

You all sure had a full week.
Your hair and Abbie's look good.
It was good for Abbie and Rachel to be together for a few days.
They sure did keep busy. Glad that they were of help as well as having fun.