Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break Day 5

It's Thursday, day 5 of our spring break.  Yet another gorgeous day today.

It's also April Fool's day, so I had to play a few little tricks.  We all got dressed for our day.  I told them what our plans were, and that we were going to get their breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts.  They were excited, until I told them about the new donut they had called broccoli donuts!  They all looked at me like I was crazy.  Andrew says, "Mommy, that doesn't sound very good."  I told them how it was green and made from broccoli, but the way they made it you couldn't tell that it was broccoli.  They still thought I was crazy.  They were very surprised when they got the pink sprinkled donut and I said April Fool's!!

We picked up our friends and headed to Trader Joe's.  I love that store, but do not go that often because of the drive.  My friend had been wanting to go, so we thought we would do that.  We had a fun trip up with 8 of us in my van.  We got lots of TJ goodies.  Then we went on down the road to the creamery.  It was lovely weather for walking around the farm.









We headed back towards home, got Chick-Fil-A and went to their house to fill Easter eggs for Sunday's hunt.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent completely outside.  I planted some boxwoods in the front, planted my canna bulbs and did all kinds of other stuff around the yard.  It's a task to keep up with everything, but I really love it.  I always have helpers, too!



No comments: