Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a fun weekend!  It was hot, but we survived it!

Friday night was a blast!  We went to a friend's for a movie on the lawn.  The boys were so excited about it.  Andrew said it was the best idea ever.  We arrived just before dusk.  She had everything all decked out in a movie theme.  She amazes me!  It's so fun and I even told Chad that is one person I so admire!  If only I could decorate and entertain like she does!  She's a great host, and I know it's because her servant heart shines through.  On the way home (midnight!), Ethan wanted to pray and thank God for us being able to go!  Here are her adorable popcorn cupcakes...



So needless to say, we all slept in Saturday morning!  Chad took the boys and a neighbor out to the RC flying field.  I was able to run and few errands and just have some alone time.  Then I went out to the field.  We had fun, just sitting and chatting.  Here's my man at one of his favorite places to be...



Saturday evening I invited our neighbors at the last minute to have dinner with us.  We grilled out and ended up with a really nice dinner and fun time!  We even ended the evening with a fireworks show.  We had a great view from the park that's just across the way.

Church on Sunday was great.  We are so excited about our new pastor and love his dear wife and boys already!  I really loved and appreciated the sermon.  You can listen to it here.

Sunday evening we took off for a surprise trip.  The boys were so excited when they realized we were going to see Toy Story 3.  They loved it.  It was cute, as I expected it to be.  It was a great time for us together.

Here is a cute picture of Sam trying to beat the heat on the slip and slide.



So lotso fun!  I love summer!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Let me guess who you're talking about :-)